Thursday, November 13, 2014

Ancient Lotion


Wild Roses. Source.
This article at Higher Perspective came across my Facebook feed.  This lotion recipe looks interesting, it's something I want to try eventually.   

I love lotions.  It seems sometimes that I am on a never ending search to find the best lotion for me.  Recently, I've decided to start making my own.  I just made my first batch, though a different recipe.  I'll be trying this recipe soon.

Higher Perspective claims this recipe is over 2000 years old.  If it is . . . well, that's pretty neat.  The recipe follows.

Ingredients:
  • 1 tablespoon of honey
  • 8 tablespoons of grated beeswax
  • 200 ml of almond oil
  • About a half cup of rosewater
  • 2 small, cleaned, and sanitized jars
Instructions:
  1. On low heat, melt the beeswax and honey into the oil in a small sauce pan.  Once melted, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
  2. Pour the rosewater into a small jug and add on drop at a time, whisking well as you add.
  3. When the cream is fully saturated with the rosewater, it will begin to bead and not stir in.  At that point stop and allow the cream to cool.
  4. Finally, pour the mixture in your jars and leave to cool completely before adding the lids.  The cream will lighten as it cools.

No comments:

Post a Comment